Tab Control

This topic is 6034 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

I'm having trouble with FM 8.5, I have tabs set up (I hope!) correctly. When they are viewed in layout mode all the correct fields and objects appear in the correct tabs, however, when viewed in browse mode, all the fields from each tab appear in all the tabs, overlapping each other. I have tried starting over, deleting tabs, arrangements etc but nothing seems to work, it's very frustrating as in layout mode they seem fine, it's probably something very simple but I'm new to this!!! Any suggestions? Thanks much in advance

• Newbies

Hi John, thanks for your reply, I just squeezed everything together and made sure they were inside the tab borders but it didn't work unfortunately. The thing that baffles me is that when I tried a test version just to practice, it worked fine and I can't figure out what I've done differently! Thanks anyway!

I am having this exact problem and I am using FMPro 9 Advanced.

I only noticed it because I was playing around with a tab design from Scriptology and it works fine in its home file but when I paste it into a new layout in my file all of the fields on all tabs become visible in browse mode.

Tried resizing fields, didn't work. Created new fields/objects on individual tabs and the new objects are subject to the same problem.

I am going to do it from scratch now in a new layout and see what happens. If that doesn't work, I will post a sample.

------------

It is the first law of practical courage. To be in the weakest camp is to be in the strongest school." - GK Chesterton, 'Heretics'

I figured it out!

The tab control is affected by the header/footer. It has to be completely enclosed in the body of the layout.

I didn't notice because it was juuuuuust barely offending the boundary.

Courtesy of the Missing Manual:

http://books.google.com/books?id=lRm4uB2CoKMC&pg=PA283&lpg=PA283&dq=filemaker+tab+control+bug&source=web&ots=5vMNA-Jm_B&sig=NebgwDGm9WPdYf-6FG4ifLLz5I8

--------------

“It is not bigotry to be certain we are right; but it is bigotry to be unable to imagine how we might possibly have gone wrong.”

-G. K. Chesterton

This topic is 6034 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.