Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Get( DesktopPath ) on Mac

Chuck

This topic is 6052 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I've built a solution that makes use of the Get( DesktopPath ) function. For all of the machines running the system except one, this works fine. This is happening on Macs across the board.

For those machines under which this is working, the function returns something like this:

/Aslan/Users/chuck/Desktop/

However, on one machine, and only on this one, it returns something like this:

/chuck/Desktop/

Has anyone else experienced this kind of behavior? Can anyone offer an explanation as to its possible origin? One difference that it is not due to is that one runs under an Admin account and the other does not. I tested this under both types of accounts on my machine and the function returned the correct result.

Thanks,

Chuck

This is a FileVault issue.

The client sent a screenshot of one of her Finder windows and it showed the home folder icon in the sidebar, which had the FileVault icon. I created an encrypted account on my computer and tested Get( DesktopPath ) and it returned

/encrypted/Desktop/
 rather than 
/Aslan/Users/encrypted/Desktop/

I find it odd that the path returned even in the "correct" instance includes the volume name in the path. If I had never seen what was returned, I would have expected 
/Users/username/Desktop/

without the volume name (what the shell would return from pwd with the addition of the trailing slash). Regardless, passing the default value to a plugin resulted in correct behavior when logged in under a normal home folder.

This topic is 6052 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.