Server Maintenance This Week. ×

How to search for records where fields are NOT NULL via XML API...???

angelleye

This topic is 6056 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have a script currently setup to pull tracking information from FileMaker via ODBC. The SQL is as follows:

SELECT Ship_Via, TrackingNumber, InvoiceNumber FROM Tracking WHERE DateShipped = '10/12/2007' AND TrackingNumber IS NOT NULL AND Email_Sent = 'No' AND Ship_Via IS NOT NULL

This always worked great right up until we reached 10/10/2007. Then I'm getting an ODBC error that says it can't display what the actual error is...so that's always nice. Any day before that works fine, but any double digit day in October doesn't work. I found another guy on a thread (different site) with the exact same problem, no answer ever came of it.

As such, I'm trying to re-write this script using the FM XML API instead of ODBC. The only thing I'm having trouble with here is how to designate those NOT NULL fields. For example, I'm currently using the following XML query string:

http://www.domain.com/fmi/xml/fmresultset.xml?-db=Invoices&-lay=Shipping&Tracking::Email_Sent=No&Tracking::DateShipped=10/12/2007&-find

This is working fine and returns all records where Email_sent = No from today, just like it should. However, it's also including records that don't have a tracking number filled in yet or that don't have a Ship_Via value selected. I need these to NOT be included in my results. How can I achieve that with the XML API? I can't find any information on that.

Any info I can get would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

This topic is 6056 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.