Portal "Selection" Color

MelJ

This topic is 6130 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I bought John Mark Osborne's training videos and am now going through the "Expert" CD. I just saw him do something that I'm sure he thought no one would take notice of but here it is.

He created a portal (no big deal) but when he went into browse mode and selected the portal it turned GRAY! Mine Turn BLACK! I've searced high and low for a setting to change this but can't.

Any Help?

Thanks,

Mel

It depends upon the background color of the portal itself. If the background is white, it will be black when the protal row is selected; if dark grey, it will appear unselected; if almost black, the selection will become light grey. :wink2:

I don't know the demo you mention. But the principle is the same - if the background of the portal is transparent, then you can't select the row directly anyway. So you are selecting a rectangle within the row or the layout background is what is the dark grey (so when you DO select the row edge, you get the light grey selection). There are many ways of changing whether the fields change color; whether the row changes color, etc. by tweaking these options. :wink2:

This is same principle which works on fields when you Select Entire Contents. You can get some sweet

'opposite' colors by changing the backgrounds.

Example: If you make your background dark green, then the 'highlight' when selecting a row will be pink. It's fun to play with. :wink2:

Edited by Guest

This topic is 6130 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.