Admin Server Connection Error

This topic is 5928 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I am unable to get FMS9 admin working after a clean install of FMS9 with the v2 update running on clean install of Mac OS 10.4.10. I keep getting the error ;) "The admin console cannot establish a connection the admin server". I have tried from the server machine and from a Intel iMac running 10.4.10 as well.

• 2 weeks later...

You wrote that FMS9 is installed on Mac OS 10.4.10, are you really running it on the client version of OS X or is it actually OS X Server? I care because superficially your problem sounds like the problem I previously described (and still have) and if your problem is the same as mine and you're not running FMS9 on OS X Server, that blows away my best hypothesis (involving OS X Server's own install of Tomcat).

My post: can't connect to FMS9 admin console, Security Update 2007-007 problem?

Other people have previously reported similar problems caused by firewall settings and proxy settings, both of which are less likely in your case if you've tried and failed to connect from the server itself (you did use "localhost" rather than the server's ip, right?)

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I finally got FMS admin working. I uninstalled FMS, turned off all networking and created a Location with no network, disconnected the ethernet cable, then restarted the machine, which is running OS X 1.4.11 Server without any network. I reinstalled FMS 9, ran the 9.02 update then and ran the admin. FMS admin only works if there are no proxy settings. As this is a server and not a workstation there really is no need to have any proxy settings so I removed all proxy settings. Now it seems to be working.

This topic is 5928 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.