Can't make calculation work

This topic is 6112 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have a simple small payroll DB which I have been using for a year. I originally set it up so I could enter into [color:red]"Week 1" field the hours worked & [color:red]"Week 2" field, hrs worked, with [color:red]"Total Hours" as a calc. field.

I now need to track the days worked, so I have created fields [color:red]"Mon. Wk 1", [color:red]"Tue. Wk 1" etc. & [color:red]"Total Hrs. Wk 1" to calculate the weeks total hrs.

Here are my problems

1. I changed the [color:red]"Week 1" field to a calculation of "Week 1= sum(Mon Wk1,Tue Wk1 etc)which caused me to lose all the previous data in this field (which it warned me it would do) [color:red]"Week 1". I have a printed record of all the previous data so I have re-entered this info.

2. I tried to correct this by changing the formula in [color:red]Week 1=(If Week 1 >0;Week 1;Total Hrs.Wk 1) When I did this, the previous data was OK but when I entered info into [color:red]"Mon Wk1", "Tue Wk1", "Wed Wk1", etc. the only data that is being displayed in "[color:red]"Week 1" is the first number I enter and not the [color:red]"Total Hrs Week 1" I also tried the Case formula & the same thing happened, what am I doing wrong?: and how do I correct this without losing all my previous data AGAIN.

"...how do I correct this without losing all my previous data AGAIN."

Make a backup of the file before you make any changes.

"...what am I doing wrong?"

I'd say you need to change the design so that each record is a day. I assume that currently each record is a week?

This topic is 6112 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.