Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Cannot install FileMaker on Leopard

This topic is 6027 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Wow! I purchased Leopard, spent a day or so for a clean install. Great operating system!

Then I tried to install FileMaker onto it and... 'Wow' ... I feel like back in the Windows World which I have left for a better world. My FMP just does not work on Leopard. Thats vers 8.5 Adv.

I started reading the tech notes and I cannot believe the the arrogance of the attitude of FileMaker Inc:

Quote start.

Please note - there may be other issues with FileMaker Pro 8.5 and FileMaker Pro 8.5 Advanced running on Leopard. These two products will not be supported on Leopard.

Quote end.

I guess, this brings serious questions about the qualification on FileMaker Management. Pure lack of customer appreciation.

I am stunned and still cannot believe this. It's just time that Steve Jobs might take more than a look at this Apple affiliation.

Are there any ways to get FileMaker 8.5 Advanced running on Leopard? Or is it a must to upgrade to version 9?

Cheers

Greg :bang:

Gregg,

Where have you been for the last week, or since the release of Leopard.

Check out the other topics in thisTopic Area, there has been several, and then go to FileMaker Inc. for the last information for v8.5.

Lee

Thanks for pointing me into the right direction. However, I've found this information on the FM site and did not find a solution accept waiting till December when FM comes with a new 'patch'. (Sound like MS, doesn't it?).

Still, I am stunned about their lack of any preparation.

Or do I miss something?

Cheers

Greg

You have gotten the most recent information AFAIK.

I recommend that you do Read through the posts here, as there are some suggestions that may help you.

I definitely like what I see in Leopard. If it wasn't for the compatibility issues all versions of FileMaker, I would be running it right now. However, for now I'll let others be on the Bleeding Edge of this technology, and wait for the inevitable fixes that will be coming out.

Lee

This topic is 6027 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.