Claris Engage 2025 - March 25-26 Austin Texas ×

Copy multiple email addresses

Topher

This topic is 6133 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have explored several different solutions on emailing from Filemaker Pro. Most of them seem good but more complicated that I care to spend implementing them. I would like to create a simple button that takes the current found results and copies the contents of the email field into the clipboard. Not just of the current record but of all found records, thus allowing a simple paste into an email client's To: section. Is there a calculation or a script that would enable me to do this?

I already have a calculation field that compiles as such: First_Name & " " & Last_Name & " <" & Email & ">"

so I would want this field (Email_Address_with_Name) repeated followed by a comma and copied to the clipboard.

Thanks for you help.

Don't give up on the Send Mail script step. It's really easy! If you want one static email addressed to all the records in the found set (big To: list), use the "For each message, collect addresses across found set " setting.

I agree. The script itself is really easy, I have no problem sending emails to groups of people in my found results from the send mail menu item. However what was complicated is creating an interface for typing the email within the solution. From the solutions I've seen you have to create templates and groups, then add people to groups to send the email. It would be just easier to compose the email in an email client. Unless you can point me to an easy email implementation in a database, I'm not quite convinced.

Thank you for your encouragement though.

However what was complicated is creating an interface for typing the email within the solution... It would be just easier to compose the email in an email client.

Did something change between FileMaker version 7 and 9? If you just use the Send Mail script step this should open a new email in your default email program (unless for some reason you have the Perform Without Dialog box checked?).

Version 7 example attached.

Email.zip

Edited by Guest

Thanks,

Studying your example solution helped me a lot. The part I was missing was creating a global for the Email list and then setting the field with comma separated emails. Now it compiles it into one "To:" field.

Thanks again.

This topic is 6133 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.