HELP!

Troy.

This topic is 6100 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

I am a cad operator whose employer needs me to operate filemaker 6 & i'm clueless. I printed a part that had 14 pieces(in a scroll box) yet only 10 pieces printed & the screen itself printed not the page that used to come when somebody else was doing this.

Edited by Guest
removed the Shoutting from the post

I am assuming that "in a scroll box" is referring to a portal?

In which case I direct you to the Filemaker help:

"When you print a field or a portal with a scroll bar, FileMaker Pro prints only the data visible without scrolling. To print all the data, duplicate the layout and enlarge the field or portal to display the largest possible amount of data. Then specify sliding options to remove the extra blank space when you print..."

If there are only 10 rows in your portal, it will only print those rows.

There is another way also. A portal displays records from a different table that is related. That means that you could go to LIST view on the layout that the portal is displaying from, perform a find for that part, and print it all out from there.

Keep in mind that Filemaker is a customizable application that is used for many different purposes, so if you word your questions vaguely, other filemaker users won't understand your predicament.

I hope that helps.

matt

This topic is 6100 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.