Claris Engage 2025 - March 25-26 Austin Texas ×

Retaining a Calculated Result

This topic is 6136 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Hello, I'm a beginner with FileMaker and I have been trying to figure out how to write a particular Script for almost 3 days now.

I need the Script to search a column of my records, count all the instances of the number 1, and insert the result into a layout (with summary fields), THEN search the same column for instances of the number 2, insert that result into the next summary field, etc. etc for the numbers 3 and 4.

"Perform Find" and "Insert calculated result" work when I only tell it to look for look for #1s, but as soon as I tell it go back and look for the #2s, #3s, and #4s, it seems to erase the results of the previous find and I end up with the result of the final find (#4s) in all four summary fields.

How do I tell FileMaker to RETAIN the calculated result in the appropriate summary field when I have it do multiple finds?

I've tried "Go To Next Field," "Go to Field," as breaks...I've even tried setting up each find as a separate script and then having one "Master Script" run the smaller scripts. Nothing has worked.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!!!

This topic is 6136 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.