Image insert automation

This topic is 6099 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

I have a rather large product database where each item has an individual SKU. I have a separate field which is a picture container field where I have a picture of the item that corresponds to the SKU. The pictures are all titled the exact same name as the SKU + a .jpg tag. Is there any way to automate the population of the picture field with a script? I can't seem to figure this one out.

Well, if you can construct a calculation which produces the FileMaker syntax path to the file, it will show in the container. The calculation must have a result of Container. You should probably first/or/also construct it with a result of text, so you can see where you're going wrong (easy to do).

If you Insert an Image [x] Store reference only, then create a calculation, GetAsText (container), result text, then you'll see, on the 3rd line, the absolute path to the image in FileMaker syntax. It may look like:

"imagemac:/Macintosh HD/Users/fej/Documents/FileMaker/My_FM/FM 7/CONTAINER/ContainerPictures/Pictures/Brooklin.jpg"

Is this only on your own hard drive? Or is the file hosted? If hosted you will see the volume name instead of the hard drive name.

Basically Insert an image, see what you get, then build the calculation to match.

This topic is 6099 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.