Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Add a Related Record thru a Portal

This topic is 5998 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Sorry for such a simple question but I am very new to FMPro. I have a new database where a contact can have many addresses, phones, purchase orders and etc.

The thing I cant get it to do is use a portal to add records related to the current contact.

I created a set of tabs for the related items above and if I go to the layout of each and manually enter the items they show up in the tab on my contacts page.

I can edit them then but I cant create a new one?

Any suggestions for the newbie would be ery appreciated.

thanks,

tonyh

:)

Hi Tony,

Welcome to the forum.

There is a setting in the relationship setup that allows for the adding of records thru the relationship. The relationship is then viewed through the portal, as is your case.

Go to File > manage > relationships > and on the relationship connector that connects the two table occurances, double click to open up the relationship options. On the table occurance used in the portal side of this option window check the option to "allow creation of records in this table via this relationship" (See Attachment). A blank portal row will then be available in the portal for the addition of new related records.

hope this helps,

tim

ScrShot.JPG

This topic is 5998 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.