Server Maintenance This Week. ×

PDF Naming Bug (old data displayed)

MattFM

This topic is 5970 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I hope this is the right forum to ask this question...

On my Mac, I often want to create a PDF of a report. I usually do this by choosing to Print the report, and selecting Save As PDF from the Mac's built-in Print dialog.

My question is, everytime I do this, when I'm asked to name and save the PDF, the "Save As" name field is pre-filled with an old name from a PDF report I may have made from my database years ago! It's always the same old name too.

It's bizarre because there are no fields I know of in my database that would store this info, and this is appearing in the Mac OS's Save As PDF dialog box. But it's an issue that follows the databse, that is, I can open and try this database on any mac, and it happens... It's not specific to a particular Mac.

So I guess I want to know is there some way to flush out this old name given to a saved PDF file years ago that still recurs to this day every time I try to save a PDF from the Print dialog?

Edited by Guest

Thanks for your response comment...

I tried the Recover method, and it did not actually remove the left-over PDF/Print title...

I tried to edit it out in a text editor and confirmed that it corrupted the file's admin/access priveleges.

So it would seem the only method is to open it in Windows and do a print there... Unfortunately I have no access to windows running a copy of FM Pro...

Oh well, I don't understand why they haven't addressed this "known" bug with two and a half major updates since it appeared (v8, v8.5 and v9)B)

This topic is 5970 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.