Server Maintenance This Week. ×

SMTP Setup in XP

This topic is 5965 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hello MsChiff6,

Regarding sending emails, you can do in several ways. If you want to integrated with Outlook, then, you need to set up the Outlook first and then configure the FileMaker.

Here is the topic related to Outlook:

http://fmforums.com/forum/showtopic.php?tid/191335/post/276398/#276398

However, I believe that there are some other ways to do it beside using outlook. If I am not mistaken, someone in the forum mentioned about Scodigo PHP Plugins. Maybe you can search and maybe using that plugins to send the email. You can do some searching with keywords "+SMTP", "+Email", "+Outlook" or combinations of those keywords.

Also, other expert FM's members can also enlighten about this issue...

Hello again,

What do you mean by accessing email? Do you mean FM will send the email? The way it works as far as I know using Outlook, we will make it the email (contents and email address of destination) then, I would use Vb Script to send it to the Outlook. So, outlook will automatically send your email. ClickYes would be helpful if your Outlook client will show "warning message."

If you want to integrate Outlook with your solution, you can go to "Productive Computer, Inc." and look for more information about Outlook. Here is the link:

https://www.productive.cc/pci_cart/FMPro?-db=PCSC_Products.FP5&-Format=productshome.htm&-Lay=CGI&-View

Hope it helps...

Well, with FM 9 anyway, you can render HTML directly from a field in a web viewer - and with PHP you can send HTML... though it wouldn't go through the email client.

I got the above quote from Genx (Alex). Well, he will be the one who can explain the method using PHP stuff.

About the easiest, it depends. The easiest way for me is using Outlook for sending email. Maybe some other people use different method that they think would be easier for them...

Hello,

Please read the link I gave you. The way I did it by using VB Script (to do it automatically). However, if you just want to do it manually, please see on the Script Menu "Send Mail" option. You can write it directly all the information that you needed.

The the things is what do you want to do for the email? Is it to send automatically? Or you need to press a button (contain script) and send to a specific email address?

This topic is 5965 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.