OSX10.5.1 server?

This topic is 5919 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I know is not supported - but does FM9Server work on OSX10.5.2?

I downloaded the trial and cant get past the safari start up page.

(ports 16000-16001 open)

Edited by Guest

First, OS X Server 10.5.2 hasn't been released yet. I would be highly dubious about using pre-release versions of the OS for anything other than compatibility testing of my own applications.

FMI intends to fully support FMS 9 on Mac OS X 10.5.x but it is currently incompatible. According to the FMI website an update to FMS 9 is to be expected in the next couple of weeks.

Yes well it is not very helpful for my clients when I cannot supply them with new hardware that will run FileMaker server 9. It is also holding up FileMaker sales as some are holding off until this is sorted out.

I am also told that some of the Mac hardware may not even be downgradable to Tiger!

It would be useful if FMI could elaborate a bit further and give us an idea as to whether this fix will be released in the next week, next month or not until the spring.

Anatole

P.s. I might also suggest that it would be a good idea if they could simplify the installation process. The latest palaver with installing FM servers 8 & 9 is a right mess and takes an age, especially if you are upgrading or have to install all the additional bits for Web & PHP.

Edited by Guest

• 1 month later...

This topic is 5919 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.