Troi Activator Multiple Remote Events

This topic is 5955 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I'm hoping someone can give me some direction on how to approach, or at least another brain to wrap around my problem.

I just downloaded the trial of Troi Activator. I'm a developer and am a big fan and own licenses of many of their products.

I need to send commands to my FM server running FM9A to perform/offload some custom FTP functions so that the users computer isn't tied up. I'm forgoing the background runtime suggestion/example presented by Troi as I really don't want any issues with the runtime crashing, etc, and more importantly, need my users to share the same contact system that is served.

I have a local copy of triggering an FTP upload on the server's copy of FM9A, which works great. Once the upload is finished, I have FM send an email to the user that the upload is complete.

What I need is the ability to have multiple remote events sent to the servers copy of FM9A and for them to be queued/postponed until the the current FTP function/upload, if there is one currently running, is complete.

I know Troi has the ability to assign IDs and you can get Silent events by ID. Is this how I do it?

So for example, once the current upload is finished, it can check for any silent events that were sent?

I was thinking I would send an event and if a script is being run, that it would instead schedule the upload at a later time. But the problem is, each upload is will take a different amount of time, so how would I be able to set the time for the event to start.

Hope the above makes sense and thanks for anyone who can share a left or right brain on this.

Michael

Edited by Guest

This topic is 5955 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.