Login incorrect when using PHP Site Assistant

This topic is 5022 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi,

The database is being shared from FM Server 9 Advanced, with 'Access via PHP Web Publishing' activated in the privilige set that is being used by the user Admin.

We can open the database remotely, using Admin/no password. When we start the PHP Site Assistant, it asks us what Security Policy we would like to use. We choose 'Prompt user for authentication when accessing site', then click 'open database'.

It asks for the username/password, but its reaction to Admin/no password is 'invalid user name or password. Please try again.'

That username/password combo is absolutely correct, we can open the file with it after all.

Tried it locally on the machine where FMS9Adv is running and from a remote machine, but that makes no difference.

Would anyone have an idea what could cause this?

Thanks in advance(d),

Ano

• Newbies

I experienced the same problem. Turned out to be a security setting on IIS causing it.

In Properties of the Default Website: Directory security

->Authentication and access control -> 'Integrated Windows Authentication' should be OFF. Since anonymous access was already enabled I didn't expect this to be a problem. Apparently it is.

Sander

• 5 months later...
  • Newbies

I was experiencing the same thing; "invalid login" I unchecked "integrated windows authentication" from default sites in IIS, i no longer get "invalid login", now I just get an hour glass forever.

Can someone please help me out, any ideas are appreciated.

Thank you,

Adrian

• 2 years later...

I got the message 'invalid user name or password. Please try again.' when trying to authenticate via website I had set up- while the user had '[Full Access]' as listed under privilege set, it turned out I had not checked off 'Access via PHP Web Publishing' in the extended privileges.

Security is good, but the error message could be improved!

This topic is 5022 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.