Can't seem to change font size conditionally...

This topic is 5956 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hello, all--

I've applied conditional formatting to a merge field but I'm not getting the expected result.

The formula is simply this: Length (firstNameField) <6

If this condition is met, I simply want the font size of the merge field to grow to, let's say, 24pt. That's how I've got it set up in the "Conditional Formatting/More Formatting" window, but it doesn't seem to be working. I'm in Form View, btw. I must be overlooking something very simple. Suggestions greatly appreciated...

I think I know the point you're trying to make, but I should tell you this: While troubleshooting, just as a test I tried conditionally making the merge field green instead of 24pt and it did indeed turn green, based on the formula. (There's only one record in the found set anyway--it's a userPrefs layout and the merge field is in the footer with plenty of 'elbow room' around it.)

So I'm thinking my cf formula may be set up correctly, but for some reason the merge field can conditionally change font color but not font size. Weird, huh?

When this did become a merge field? It was a field label until now. Please do not edit your posts AFTER they have been answered, and make us look like idiots.

Thanks for your response, Vaughan.

I think I know the point you're trying to make, but I should tell you this: While troubleshooting, just as a test I tried conditionally making the field label green instead of 24pt and it did indeed make the label green, based on the formula. (There's only one record in the found set anyway--it's sort of a userPrefs layout and the field label is in the footer with plenty of 'elbow room' around it.)

So I'm guessing that my cf formula is functioning correctly, but for some reason the field label can conditionally change font color but not font size. Weird, huh?

This topic is 5956 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.