FM9 Stability

This topic is 5955 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I've had issues with FM9 quiting on me a lot. Has anyone else had this issue? Now I have a database that freezes every-time I try to open it. FileMaker even freezes whenever I try to recover it. There is about 4 days worth of files in this database that I need to get. Does anyone have any ideas on how to recover this? I've have backups. It seems even the latest backups are having the same issue. On the other hand I do have a backup from 4 days ago that opens. Hence the reason I need the 4 days worth of records.

I don't know all the specifics (perhaps someone more informed can expound) but noone i have ever spoken to has reccomended to use the recover option in FMP. If you have a version of the db file that works why not export the data from the broken file and import it into the working file?

Sorry i don't have mopre details.

Kris

Unfortunately I can't open the broken file. FileMaker basically freezes when I try to open the broken file. I've been able to import data from from all the tables except one from the broken file into the working file. When I try to import the data from that one table, FileMaker freezes. Because FileMaker has quite on me more than a few times, I've had to use the recover function more than a few times. This is probably what has lead up to this. What would be a good way to recover everything and make it stable?

I would recommend that you read this White Paper Link by Gregory Durniak.

Also, as a long time member of this list, you should know that this topic has come up many times in the past. Do a search for [color:blue]+Recover +Corrupt +white and my name as the member, and you will find some good information on the subject. One of the Treads it will turn up is this one Link, especially the second page.

You might try to open it in an earlier versions FileMaker, as they were not as fussy. However, I think that your file is toast.

Lee

Edited by Guest

This topic is 5955 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.