unable to login to filemaker server admin 7 advanced

omega

This topic is 5680 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi All,

We have FMSA7 running on a mac and this server hosts many databases. Suddenly, when we tried to login into the FileMaker Server Admin and when we were prompted to enter the password, the application was not accepting the password. But we feel that the password is correct. All the databases are still being served but we are unable to launch the FileMaker Server Admin application.

We went to the unix shell and tried to execute the fmsadmin -v command and we were asked to enter the password. At the command level, the password was accepted and all the server info was displayed.

Has anyone encountered a similar problem and how did you resolve this situation.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

I posted this thread in filemaker server advanced forum but later saw that more activity is found in this forum and hence I am posting it here also.

Thank you for your response. I dont understand how I can fix this problem. Suppoding I remember my password to be "abc". When at command prompt I type fmsadmin -v, I get the version details after I supply my password "abc". But when I am trying to reset the password by typing fmsadmin -p new password, I dont get any message. The system doesn't allow me to reset the password.

What can I do to fix this problem. Are there any other ways other than going to the shell and executing fmsadmin command.

Thank you very much for your help.

• 7 months later...

My problem is similar and it is baffling. FM Server 9.03 running fine for months and months on my 10.4.11 OS-X Server. On the server, I can launch the admin utility and operate everything normally.

However on my laptop, all of a sudden this evening, when I try to use the Admin Utility, I get the enuxpected exception: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException message after the Unable to Log in dialog box. Very odd, because earlier today, about 3 hours ago, I had no trouble logging in. Now, all of a sudden, I can't. In between, there were no reboots, no Java installations -- I just have no clue what changed.

Any help will be appreciated. I can remotely log in to the server using Timbuktu but I much prefer being able to use the Admin Utility to log in remotely.

Edited by Guest

This topic is 5680 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.