Server Maintenance This Week. ×

How to import and integrate a template

This topic is 5929 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Hi All,

I'm new to this Forum and a beginner using FM. I created a database for organizing plasmids (the kind of DNA that can be transfected into bacterial or human cells) a while ago. Now, I'm creating a new all-in-one database for organizing everything for my work such as antibodies, cells, primers etc. I wanted to integrate the old plasmid database into my new all-in-one database. However, after I imported the old file into this new database (by importing a table), the original layout of the old file is lost although all fields are imported. How can I import the whole format of the old file?

Thank you very much!!

Black

This topic has come up in the past, and and a search of this Topic Area using [color:blue]+Migration +layoutsbe sure to use the pluses as shown and got 12 Topics that included the two search words. Enjoy

If you have done so already, download the White Papers available at FMI Site.

Start with this Link

At the bottom of the page you will see three PDFs that you can download.

HTH

Lee

Edited by Guest

See if this helps:

http://www.fmforums.com/forum/showtopic.php?tid/181490/

---

NOTE: Unless your old file was in version 6 earlier, I don't think you need to bother with the migration white papers (and I believe this thread should be moved to the Layouts section).

Edited by Guest

• Newbies

See if this helps:

http://www.fmforums.com/forum/showtopic.php?tid/181490/

---

NOTE: Unless your old file was in version 6 earlier, I don't think you need to bother with the migration white papers (and I believe this thread should be moved to the Layouts section).

Thanks everyone! sorry for posting my question in the wrong place.

I was able to simply copy/paste the layout format of the old file into the new database. My old file and the new database were all made in Pro 8.5 version so it's not about migration. You guys are genius!

This topic is 5929 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.