Server Maintenance This Week. ×

ScriptMaster as Server 9 plugin?

This topic is 5905 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi,

I have just downloaded the latest Scriptmaster and the documentation "implies" that the plug-in will work with Server. It works great with FMP9.

I installed it in the correct folder on the server and the FMS9V3 admin console recognised it and said it was installed and active.

I tried a few of the examples with the file hosted by FMS9, on a machine without the plugin installed, hoping it would run from the server and I get plugin not installed.

Does it work as a server plug-in and if so how ?

In

Library/Filemaker Server/Database Server/Extensions

As I said, the server recognises the plug-in and says it is active.

FMP in the hosted example file, has "missing" for all the functions, so how do I use the plug-in functions installed on the server ?

That's not how server plugins work. Installing it on the server does not make it available on the client. You install it on the server for a different purpose - running scheduled scripts with the new FileMaker 9 scheduling feature.

You'll need to install it on the clients like normal (or use the FileMaker Server auto-update feature) in order for the clients to use it, regardless of whether it's installed on the server.

Jesse,

Thanks for the clarification, I thought this might be the case, but I keep seeing server plugins in the console and thought seeming the server was happy to recognize it and say it was active, it might work.

I will try and find some examples & reference material to server plugins so that I can understand what they can do and how they work.

This topic is 5905 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.