Server Maintenance This Week. ×

User dictionaries - and having a centralized one

This topic is 5907 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I'm not sure why, but FileMaker never seems to remember to use the user dictionary user.upr ... I frequently have to reselect it, seemingly for each database even though others are open and already have it selected. Is there a way around this so that this dictionary is always selected by default?

Even better for me would be if all of our FileMaker Server clients could share the same dictionary. We're in a pretty esoteric field, and it would be best of we could all work off of the same one. Is that possible?

Are you using a "launcher" file to get to the server by any chance? I had a problem like that back in FM6 that turned out to be the fault of a launcher file that had lost its dictionary settings. Once that was corrected, the hosted files worked too.

Tom,

Thanks for the reply. Yes I am using a launcher file. I just corrected the dictionary settings on it, quit FileMaker and retried, but unfortunately the databases still come up not "knowing" where the dictionary is. Was there anything else I needed to do to make it stick?

-Troy

This topic is 5907 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.