Extensions won't load

This topic is 8584 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Recently none of my plug-ins or extensions won't load. Which means no TCP/IP, no WC and none of the cool plugins i have (mainly from Troi) will load.

Here's a little background.

Up until this all happened, i have had to launch FMP with by launching an actual file in order to have all the extensions load correctly. When i launched just the app, they failed to load.

A few days ago i download the demo version of the .mail.it plug-in by Dacons. THE PLUG IN SUCKS DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME. . . it loaded but the plug-in didn't work correctly. . . interesting enough i received an email a day later that informed me that the version i downloaded was experiencing problems. I immediately deleted the plug in and the files associated with it. I decided to try the newer version that was included in the email... Same thing, everything loaded correctly, but everytime i tried to use the plug-in, FM would freeze, just as it did with the original plug-in. Again i deleted the plug-in and all the associated files and restarted my comp ( i had to force quit FM and on Macs, when you force quit, you can't reopen the same app until you restart ( for the most part ) ). Ever since then i cannot get any extensions to load no matter what process i go about. . .

Please do not tell me i have to reload FM. Please have atleast some suggestions before it comes to that. . . i do have a few days to play with.

Jeremy

actually, why use a FMP mail program. . . Outlook (or Entourage if you have the latest) works just fine and i dedicated strictly for that purpose. . . why use pay $50- $60 bucks for it when you could have something argueably better for free?!?!?!

It goes back to the question that was brought up when discussing why this wasn't powered by Filemaker, why reinvite the wheel?? I was only trying it out to LEARN so i guess i made a stupid mistake ( i learned alright!!) But i am curious as to what the point in have a FM driven mail service is?

jeremy

This topic is 8584 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.