Access Priveleges Tampered with

This topic is 5914 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I was working on a new database and was putting the finishing touches on it today when a large problem happened. The file was on a flashdrive and I was distracted and not paying strict attention when my PC crashed. When I got things sorted out the flash drive had become unaccessable(SP). I was able to recover the file but now it is asking for a login. The file never had a password entered and when I try a password recovery hack it says that there are no passwords to recover. I also tried to recover the file using both FMP 9 and 8.5. The recovery went OK with no errors but when I try to open the files I get a message saying "The Access Privileges in this file have been damaged or possibly Tampered with".

My problem is that it is the only copy I have. HelP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Any Ideas?

Sigh. I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but your file may be toast. You can try the default 'Admin' user with empty password.

However, you mentioned that you performed a recover. This is bad since there is a chance that your file will be still corrupt. If you do succeed in opening your file, it may look like it is running properly but it may not. Eventually, from past experience, it WILL catch up with you. Then all that development time, data, etc will be hosed.

:) : :

Sorry to give you more bad news. Mr. Vodka is correct. You were developing in a [color:red]very dirty environment, and now, unfortunately, you're going to have to pay a price for that.

Please, eveyone, maintain a clean development environment, and make very frequent backups of your work.

Steven

This topic is 5914 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.