Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Runtimes

This topic is 5907 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I work for a large manufacturing company. They do EVERYTHING (analytically speaking) in Excel. I have been using FMPro for a number of years. I have created a database for managing all of the utilities accounts I have to pay as the payables analysts for the company. I using the project to develop my skills with FMPro.

Since I don't have Filemaker on my work XP computer, I develop on my MacOSX (Leopard)using Adv8.0. I create the runtime. It all works great.

I am trying to put a BACKUP script in. I want to back up the database file (Utilities.tk1) to a folder on the network. When I am on my Mac, I am not connected to the network. I am usually at home working on the database. How do I add the file reference path. It tries to validate it and obviously it can't.

What am I missing?

It tries to validate it and obviously it can't.

I'm not sure what you mean by this last statement. You should be able to save your file from within a script in a runtime solution. I'm guessing you're going to want to use the

"filewin:/driveletter:/directoryName/fileName"

style syntax for the path you specify since your work computer is a PC.

I agree it sounds like you are trying to use the add button to locate the file, which of course is impossible from the remote workstation. FM does not care about you selecting the physical file so long as your reference path (i.e. it can FIND it from the FMServer) is a working one. And when a file is HOSTED it only needs the 'file:myfilename.fp7' (mac) or 'filewin:myfilename.fp7' (windoze)

This topic is 5907 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.