Server Maintenance This Week. ×

adobe pdf

tomp

This topic is 5896 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

My runtime uses 'print' script steps with 'no dialog' and does not 'restore'. I do this to minimize decisions for my users each time they need to print. I allow users who need/want to direct printing to a different printer to select another printer with a simple script that uses the 'printer setup' step.

Everything is fine when I test it with 'real' printers. One of my customers uses Adobe PDF as one of their printers and can not change back and forth between printers without having to restart my runtime. Other customers that I'm aware of who use multiple printers have no issues that I'm aware of.

I don't have the Adobe PDF printer, and without springing for the cost because of one customer to see if Adobe is the problem, are there any known issues with using the Adobe PDF printer in 9 advanced, Vista when changing back and forth with another printer? Are any plugins required for Adobe PDF? The user claims they don't have this issue with other applications.

TIA

I'm not referring to the built-in pdf features of FM, rather the Adobe product which acts as a printer and appears as a printer choice in the printer setup.

In fact, the issue may be broader than with just the Adobe pdf printer.

Are there any known issues with a runtime using

'print setup []'

as a single step script to choose from available printers and then using

'print [No dialog]'

throughout the application to create output on the chosen printer, and then frequently executing the 'print setup []' script to reselect printers for subsequent 'print's?

Doing this is causing the printers to lock up. Restarting is the only way to release the queues.

This topic is 5896 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.