Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Sending Server side emails

Jalz

This topic is 5900 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hello Guys,

Hoping someone can help me or atleast point me in the right direction. We've been using FileMaker Pro as a MIS for quite a while at our school.

One of the things teachers do with FM is email out to large portions of parents. Our client email software is MS Outlook with Exchange.

Everytime FileMaker tries to send an email out (to outlook in this case using the the SendMail command in scriptmaker), It comes up with a Outlook security dialog in which the user has to click allow or deny to continue.

Well to eradicate all of this, I thought why not send out server based emails, after all we use FileMaker Server Advanced 9. So I trawled the net and found a great resource at

http://www.grahamsprague.com/server_side_email/server_side_email.html . He's created a great XSL stylesheet and Email database to learn from.

I've followed his installation instructions and when I try and trigger the code, it goes to a blank page and nothing happens. Does anyone know if I can actually send emails directly to Exchange using this method?

The Url I am trying to use is "https://filemaker1.rest_of_the_domain_name/fmi/xsl/send_email.xsl?-grammar=fmresultset&-db=Email&-lay=Utility_Email&sent=&send=1&-max=50&-find"

Under his instructions I am supposed to use :@ before the filemaker1. What am I supposed to put there as Windows comes up with an "Cannot find" error.

Anyone Help?

This topic is 5900 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.