Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Access Super Container files directly

This topic is 5895 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Edit in which way?

if you know the URL to the image you want to edit. You should be able to do so in a browser.

http://ipaddress_or_domain:8020/SuperContainer/Files/FILEPATH

Edited by Guest

• Newbies

Edit as in the following example.

An excel document is originally put in the supercontainer.

A second user double clicks that excel file in the supercontainer.

I want to excel document to open from its

http://ipaddress_or_domai n:8020/SuperContainer/Fil ...

location and then allow the second user to edit and save it all at the original supercontainer location.

Thanks,

Gerhard

there is no method for that - that I know of... the user will have to "edit" the file in the files native application, which means they will need to download the file to their computer, make changes then you would need to provide a method to allow them to re-upload the changed file - you can choose if you want to overwrite the original or create a versioning system.

i know on windows platform there are methods to edit files (excel/word) in a container using OLE but this doesn't work with IWP/CWP.

If you're using FileMaker Pro client, you can do this with the SuperContainer plugin. Use SCDownload to open the file for editing, and then have a scripted SCUpload to store that file back into SuperContainer.

However, this approach doesn't work in IWP, because there is no way to script the browser to do these steps. The only way I know of is for a user to download the document in their browser, edit it, and re-upload it. The article you linked to does not offer any solutions to this problem.

This topic is 5895 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.