Problems with FileMaker Server since 9.0v3 update

This topic is 5808 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Since updating FileMaker Server Advanced 9.0v2 to v3 via the standard updater, I have had a couple of instances where: users get messages asking them to log into databases (when we use external authentication and no passwords are required), the same users appear more than once in the Server Console or users remain listed in the console after they have exited all databases, users' screens freezing and them being booted out of the system, and a general loss of control of the server via the Java Console. The only solution has been to stop and restart the service on the host machine.

I am keen to find a solution as quickly as possible as we have a number of important business processes being supported by FileMaker systems - and I would very much like not to have to do a complete reinstall if at all possible (I am not sure that reinstalling 0.0v1 and then run v2 and v3 updates would rectify the problem anyway, as that is what was done in the first place).

I have reported the problem to FileMaker but my usual experience with them is that they never respond.

Does anyone know what the problem might be and how I can fix it?

Thanks Steven.

Our IT guys assure me that the server is in sync with the domain controller.

The Server was rebooted after the 9.0v3 update and we had to reboot again the first time I had this problem. On the second occasion I just stopped and restarted the service. But will see if I can reboot again over the next couple of days.

• 2 weeks later...

By way of update, we rebooted the server (hardware) yesterday and are waiting to see if the problem persists.

By chance, in the hours before the scheduled reboot occurred, I again lost control of FileMaker Server via the Server Admin Console. It persistently showed 20 clients as connected even after most users had gone home for the day. New connection were not registered in the Console.

Also, refreshing the Database list resulted in no files being displayed at all. No console functions seemed to work and the only way to stop FileMaker Server was via windows services.

On this occasion however, no users reported problems, so it is possible that the problems were primarily with the Console, but I can' be sure.

The technical people at FileMaker have still not responded.

• 2 months later...
  • Newbies

I am also getting the same issue. Users get messages asking them to log into databases (when we use external authentication and no passwords are required in verion 9.0v3). I tested out all the versions of FM 9 and all having the same problem. Please let me know if there are resolution for this issue cause my users are impatient about getting messages asking them to log into databases.

Thank you

This topic is 5808 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.