Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Find Locations by Postal Code within specified distance

This topic is 5880 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Solution: Find Locations by Postal Code within specified distance

Description: This example allows you to locate all customer (or other) records that have a postal code located within a specified distance from a target location.

Solution Status: Finished (Revision 1)

Pre-requisites: FM 7 or later

Author(s):) BobWeaver

Date: 03/28/08

Credits:

Instructions / Other Info:

See the introduction page in the file for instructions, etc.

Disclaimer:

FM Forums does not endorse or warrantee these files are fit for any particular purpose. Do not post or distribute files without written approval from the copyright owner. All files are deemed public domain unless otherwise indictated. Please backup every file that you intend to modify.

AreaSearch_R1.fp7.zip

Edited by Guest
Uploaded revised file

Hi Bob,

Thanks a lot.

What I've got is a DB with my client's details (address, phone, postcode). The postcode here is just a text field where I've either entered the postcode or copied/pasted from a website. These aren't referenced to anything at all and there is no other data involved with the postcode field.

I have another DB (not related to anything) which contains 3600 UK (full postcodes) i.e. B14 7TG rather than just B14 7 or B14.

The only data fields in this file are:

Postcode: e.g B14 7TG

Lat. eg. 52.434671

Long. eg. -1.901901

postcode ID (serial number)

I see you have City. Province etc. so do I need to have any additional information and do I need lang and lat in my customers DB?

How do I then reference it to the main DB customers DB ?

At this point I am thinking that I will have postcodes in the customer file which aren't in the postcode list I have so I may have to purchase a full list. But at the minute I only really want an approximation i,e how many clients I have within a certain area so it doesn't need to be perfect..

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again,

Karl

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.