Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Runtime on Vista

boyk

This topic is 5879 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Hi, I supply a runtime database in the latest version 9 to a couple of users who have recently switched to using Vista. Before this, when upgrading my database, I would rebuild the runtime and send them a new copy. They would delete the old version or replace it with the new files sent. Yet on Vista, even if the old database and files have been deleted and the recycle bin emptied, opening the new database directs you to a copy of the old database. Anybody know how to stop this? Currently to get round it the new set of files must be saved into a new renamed folder.

I also have a commercial runtime. I asked about Vista on TechNet and was given this reply:

"Any data files that are changed in the Program Files folder with UAC On is copied to a User directory sub-folder called the Virtual Store. (c:/Users/Your Name/AppData/VirtualStore)

What would be great is if FileMaker would allow runtimes to support data files stored in directories that differ from the runtime application files. SIDE NOTE: Anyone know how to do this?

As a result we put our runtimes in the directory off the root of the C: drive to allow users to have UAC on and avoid the Virtual Store in Vista with UAC On.

BTW, the QuickBooks XML SDK requires users to have UAC On to communicate properly.

Try to build your runtimes so that they work with Vista UAC On, or your bound for headaches. We once had the same headaches."

hth

We are specifically asking that all the new boxes with 64 bit processors that we order are preloaded with the XP downgrade... }:(

This topic is 5879 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.