Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Server Admin Java No longer works

This topic is 5700 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

I guess I'm not alone on this, but the java applet used to administer our FM9 Server has just stopped working. I have tried going to local ip:16000 in an attempt to jump start a new java download but it does nothing. When I tried to use the old file it would bring up a status screen and would never get past a part where it said it was "checking for updates" I let it try for several hours but no luck.

I have searched on this topic for several weeks now off and on with not much luck. I have read many posts not only on this forum, but on many others that this was a reoccurring issue, but there never seamed to be a solution other than to reinstall the server software. Is this really the only solution???

If so, can I make a back up of the configuration of the server some other way? I would hate to set the whole thing up again.

I know very little about filemaker, and have been thrust into this because I just happen to be the geekiest person in our office. }:(

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Unfortunately this does happen sometime from what I have seen. Usually rebooting the server fixes the issue. Try using a command line call to close all the hosted files first; then stop server. Then try rebooting.

• Newbies

OMG. That is so simple I cannot believe it. It did work fine. I guess the simplest solutions are so easy, that it's easy to overlook. Then again, I know pretty much nothing about FileMaker. I sort of got thrust into this by my employer }:( Thank you for the assistance.

• 5 months later...

This topic is 5700 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.