FAX output solution my FileMaker app

RodM

This topic is 5784 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hello

I am not the programmer..

I do not want to reinventing the wheel.. but send a fax! What so difficult.. FM can send out several way, activeX or DLE to windows app right?

I searched forum finding no real Fax answers for FM, one company returned, that their fax app is no longer sold.. .. I don't care about receiving,, its only a plus

I need a fax solution to distribute along with my new filemaker app.. so either (1)single & (2)multi 2-5 operator network press a Button in our app... to sends fax, then he/she continues without waiting results..

The Admin, can monitor fax server results

We have the necessary fields, faxphone#s, for either txt,html,pdf Whatever? ..to this point!

Does anyone have a solution... can do or be hired because you've done it before...

Lets communicate

Rod

One of the higher end group fax solutions is 4SightFax http://4sightfax.com. It's a little pricey, but will handle many fax lines/modems and a lot of users. I'm not sure how you would distribute it with your solutions as it requires its own server and licenses. I've used it in a 4 fax line solution with 20 users and 2000 faxes a day with good success.

I've done one solution with WinFax, but is was so buggy as to not be worth the effort.

Another approach might be to use an online fax service.

HTH,

Brent

• 1 month later...

I couldn't find a fax solution, they, FM'ers tell me to use a fax.com service email to fax.. I the call center business, found that email is gaining, with Vista some vendors are dropping the fax software support..

SO I HAVE DEVELOPED my own server... its called efStar.. its new.. it outputs either email or fax with some Admin.. Use 2 files a txt for control & hmtl for the message area.. paired files any FM app can make in any workstation dumping to a shared folder is what the final solutions is.. crude but versatile

This topic is 5784 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.