Server Maintenance This Week. ×

"Enter Username and Password"

This topic is 5861 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

I am using version 4. This data management program has worked for my business for 18 years. I recently had a problem and ran the recovery routine to get the program to run. (i have had to do this before without a hitch) I was successful but have a sign in problem. I'm guessing the file "employees" was currupt and upon recovory login "username and password" info is gone. I have no clue how I might get past this window to my data and order entry program. Any ideas? admin / admin does not work thanks paul

You should not use a file once it has been recovered.

The purpose of the Recovery process is to make the file readable enough, so that you can get at your data.

Once the file has been recovered, you should export the data as a text file, and then import it into a Pristine Backup Copy.

This topic come up from time to time, albeit not concerning v4 as much as the more recent versions. See if this article helps.

Link

Lee

• Newbies

Thanks Lee. I did read the article however my problem is that I cannot get past the login screen. Without being the developer and being unable to contact the developer I am reaching for an answer to get past the username password screen. If the answer is burried in that article I am afraid I am in need of professional hel[ with htis.

paul

I think I missed understood you. I was under the impression that you created the files, not a developer. The default of Admin, came about with the release of v7. Since you are using v4, it wouldn't necessarily be a password that the developer used as the Master Password for the files.

Are you saying that the database would open if you had the correct Password?

If so, then you might be able to get it open using a cracker.

If not, a little more on what the file will do, or won't do.

Lee

This topic is 5861 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.