Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Cannot format current date

This topic is 5847 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

A small thing sure but it is not expected behavior ...

Insert > Current Date inserts a text date onto the layout. You cannot select it and format that date (September 1, 2007 for example) like you can any other date INCLUDING Insert > Date. If Insert > Date lets you format it then Insert > Current Date should also; at least in my opinion.

I don't think I've ever used Insert > Current Date before and probably won't much in the future but it should be consistent in its behavior and it isn't.

...who cares a fixed Date on a Layout

I suppose it's like a creation date for the layout. I too think it's pretty worthless but SOMEONE must think it has a value. Even in ScriptMaker, I use Set Field [ Get ( CurrentDate ) ] instead of Insert Current Date ...

I just think that, if it's going to be there then it should be format-able. But then, I can fuss ... :content:

Isn't it so if you turn to findmode will the cursor very likely to be positioned in the first field in the tab order, the problem occures when the first field is positioned in a portal, then is the field locked away via record locking from any attempt to make scriptsteps set the value if the field is originates from a relation or more away - will it fail?

Here seems Insert[ to make a point, or if the Set Field should do it should a Go To Field[select/Perform] be inserted just before...

But it does however seems like the Insert[ behaves like Evaluate( it takes a slight more time to evaluate ... only I'm not certain??

--sd

This topic is 5847 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.