Data Separation and Editing Fields

This topic is 5851 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

I have just started trying out the data separation model and have an issue that i would like some suggestions on. I would like to have a flag that i can toggle at the record level to allow/disallow editing of fields. I have a privilege set "User" that is allowed to edit when the flag is 1, not when 0. However because the data is in a separate file, running the toggle script with "Run script with full access privileges" in the UI file obviously doesn't work cause of the data being in another file; however, when i run the same script in the Data file, i have a script context problem. (Have to perform a "find" to modify the appropriate record). So to recap, just looking for input as to whether i am going about things in the proper way, or headed down the wrong path. I don't like the idea of having to code a lot in both the UI and Data file. Also if anyone can point me to any literature that can give an in depth discussion of the nuances of the data separation model i would appreciate it. Thank you in advance for your input.

Edited by Guest

This topic is 5851 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.