launching SC on Leopard using TomCat

This topic is 5805 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I'm installing SC v1.856 for a new client, using a dedicated Mac with OSX 10.5.2, FMServer 9.03.326

I have replaced the server.xml file according to the Documentation, installed the SuperContainer folder in the correct cwpe-tomcat/bin folder of FMServer, but for some reason the SC will not fire up after a reboot and I cannot see SC using either localhost:8080 or IPnumber:8080 in a browser.

As all software are the latest versions, I'm just wondering if this is a combination that may pose a problem autostarting the SC.

Hi Sijmons - what do you get when you just go to http://ipaddress:8080 by itself, without the SuperContainer part of the URL? Are you positive that the Web Publishing Engine is running the FMS Admin console?

If the WPE is running and you're still not seeing SuperContainer, please call our office and ask for Val at 770-234-9293.

Thanks Jesse,

it is often the most obvious that one overlooks, WPE was still off on this FMServer.

Maybe in the SC documentation, this could be an additional bullit point, explicitly stating that the WPE must be running.

Although it does say to restart the FileMaker Web Publishing computer as final step, I overlooked the subtle hint here and just restarted that computer w/o checking if the WPE was configured.

Edited by Guest

This topic is 5805 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.