Sign in to follow this  
gerrys

Finding records that do not match a normal relationship

I have developed a training database which includes tables for employees, courses available, course runnings and courses attended etc. It is a easy to see which courses an employee has attended and which employees have attended a particular course. A key requirement however is to be able to run reports to see which employees have not attended a course especially those courses that are mandatory. I have tried setting up relationships based on the comparative operators but cannot get these to work. I am sure it is me doing something silly but any advice on how I might achieve this would be greatly appreciated.

Without seeing your structure. I would start with suggesting a separate calculated field that determines if your given set of conditions has been met. Try to have this calculation be stored/indexed if possible (ie it does not refer to globals, unstoreds, or related fields). You can then use this field for your conditional relationship.

EDIT: You used the word "report". Why not just script a find and then go to your report layout?

Edited by Guest