How to count related fields

This topic is 5802 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I am having trouble figuring out how to count records in a portal that have a "checked" box.

I have a check box field called "reserve" in a related table record shown in a portal. I need to be able to count how many of the records in the portal (related table) are checked and show that total in the main record. I have come up short so far. Thank you for any ideas.

Instead of using a value list with the string "reserved", you can just have a value list with a value of 1. Then use this for your checkbox.

There a numerous reasons why I prefer this boolean method instead of the standard checkbox, but obviously your issue is one of them.

A simple summary field will total the checkboxes.

Thank you for the prompt reply. I currently have the value list as a "1" and agree with your suggestion for this. I guess where I am stumped is how to create a summary field for a count in another table. Essentially I need to count how many "1's" were check in another table. Hope I am making sense.

Create a new field with a type of summary ( types such as number, text, calculation, etc ) in the child table.

Then you can put that summary field next to the portal on the parent layout.

This topic is 5802 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.