GetSummary questions

This topic is 5802 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I'm creating reports of Line Items. Line Items contains 3 fields: Amount Billed, Amount Paid, and Percent Profit (=1 - AmountPaid/Amount Billed). Line Items also contains 5 fields of Worker, Client, Worker Type, Client Type, and Date.

I want to create reports that will summarize the data for the first 3 fields depending on the sort order of the other 5.

I'm halfway there, but stuck. I've got a single layout, with 5 sub summary parts. I have a summary field for Total Billed, and for Total Paid placed in each of the summary parts.

That all works great. I'm getting the proper summaries depending on the sort order.

It looks like I can't get a true calculation of Percent Profit however without making a calculation field for each of the sort fields. I'm trying to use just one, but a Summary of the Percentage Profit isn't accurate and GetSummary() requires a break field.

Do I need to make a GetSummary() calc field for each of the sort fields or is there a way around this?

Thanks,

DJ

Do I need to make a GetSummary() calc field for each of the sort fields or is there a way around this?

As a rule, you need a calculation field for each sub-summary part. However, I think in this case you can get by defining a summary field as the average of profit, weighted by price (untested).

This topic is 5802 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.