insert value into current record field

This topic is 5794 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

hello

i want to insert a value into a field of a record that is currently in view [listview] [using rolodex navigation only]. and when the user moves to next/previous record it not only inserts value into the then current record but also makes previous/next records fields blank [record which lost the active view].

i can do this through a script. but how can i link the script to rolodex navigation buttons only [status area]?

thanx in advance.

well i'm trying to highlight the current row in listview and the reason to insert a value into that row's field is to set it up for a conditional formatting and then when the use moves to the next / previous record, it makes the previous record's field blank n fill the current record's field for conditional formatting n highlighting. :)

with buttons its working but with rolodex on the status area is not. i can't customize the GO TO RECORD menu option aswell so my navigation scripts are limited to buttons only and user can still use the rolodex for navigation and that will not highlight the row. :

i know that i can use a plug-in and a script to refresh the window. it works fine but only for few records. when you have over 200 records to show in a listview, the refresh window/screen becomes an eye-sore and looks very annoying [the flickering that is]. this is the only reason why i want to avoid refreshing of the screen/window and find a different way to highlight the rows.

Edited by Guest

This topic is 5794 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.