How to show portal summary data elsewhere?

Andrew5

This topic is 5799 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Not sure what you are getting at...

If you put a summary with from the same TO relationship that your portal is using, then it will sum up all the related records that are reflective in your portal.

It is a checkbook program. On one day there can be 1 up to 6-7 payments made, so I made a portal as there is only one deposit each day- one deposit (parent table) with several payments made that day (child table). The parent table holds the date, memo, and some other info. The child table holds the dollar amount, customer name, and a key (of course). I want to create a summary field for all of the deposits, a total of all deposits. I can do that if I display the total on a layout based on the child table, but if I insert the same field onto a layout based on the parent table, the once a day deposits, that field will only give me the total of the deposits of that day-- so how can I display the total of all deposits on a layout based on my parent-deposit table? Whew...!

Again, it will only show you the sum of the related records that are displayed in your portal.

If you want a total for all the desposits, then you wil need a self join. Another poster asked basically the same question yesterday.

http://www.fmforums.com/forum/showtopic.php?tid/195873/post/293241/#293241

This topic is 5799 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.