Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Use of colors in Relationship Graph?

This topic is 5801 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

What is the purpose of the colors in the entity relationship graph? Is there some sort of accepted standard in how colors are applied to TOs?

I've recently come into management of a solution where colors were liberally applied to the TOs (blue, green, grey, red, etc.) and I've yet been able to determine what criteria was assessed when selecting their colors. Any input on different techniques used would be helpful. I would like to re-colorize them to fit the situation as I understand the underlying relationships better, but I don't want to start changing things if there's a reason behind the existing colors.

Thanks.

There is no real set standard. Its up to the developer... If the graph was all grey it would be much harder to figure out which tables occurrence as the same... But then others can color them by functionality or grouping... You are really at the mercy of the developer's standards; whatever that may be.

You can always print the graph to PDF before you start making changes, so you'll have the old colors for reference.

This topic is 5801 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.