Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Instant Web Publishing

This topic is 5763 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I'm setting up a new database and want to include layouts with tab panels. Some of the layouts will be instant web published. I can't find any warnings/cautions about layout design for tab panels in this environment. Can anyone suggest a resource? Is there any odd behaviors I should be aware of?

One of the main concerns with IWP database layouts is spacing, especially when creating it on a Mac. If you don't have a PC to test the IWP site, check it using a lesser screen resolution. You need to allow more space for text, larger field boxes, etc. for PC users.

Tabs should work fine. And, don't include many graphics or photos since some users will have a problem loading them.

• 5 weeks later...
  • Newbies

I am experiencing an odd behavior using IWP and a tabbed layout. When the user tries to change from one tab to another, they are getting a permissions error:

Access Restricted

It appears that when I switch tabs, it is opening the layout for editing, and when it goes to go back to the previous tab it tries to commit the fields even though none have been changed.

Any suggestions other than just faking the tabs?

Sounds like some of the fields on the second tab may not be able to be viewed by the user in IWP.

Can you create a dummy IWP layout that has all the fields on it but no tab control. If you navigate to that layout using IWP do you still get the Access Denied error?

FWIW I have used Tabs successfully in IWP layouts.

Jerry

This topic is 5763 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.