Easy record copy across tables?

This topic is 5791 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I'm looking for a way to relatively easily backup records from one table to another. Each table has the same number of fields (except calculation fields in the second table, which aren't needed) and all field have the same name as their counterpart. I want to make a script that looks for all records at least X months old, copy it to another table, then delete the original.

So far, I've tried the actual 'Copy Record' action in ScriptMaker, but this just copies all the text, then pastes it all in the first field of the backup table. Preferrably, I would like to not go through each field and Copy/paste (or have a Set Field[] for every single one) and I was thinking about looping it. Something like:

Enter loop

Go to next field

Copy

Go to Backup Table

Paste

Go to next field (for the next paste in the loop)

Go back to first table

End loop

Is this even possible in this way? Any suggestions for a different type of backup script would also be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

I've done some experimenting with the exporting from one table and then importing into the other, and my only dislike of that is that there is a dialog on import asking the user to specify the details of it, and I'd much rather the process be as user-free as possible. Essentially, the user starts the Backup script, and it's done, with no other interaction required.

This topic is 5791 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.