Display of Field Contents using Value Lists

aalrr1

This topic is 5787 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have an Offices Value List wherein officeID is first field (do not display) and 2nd field is OfficeName. The OfficeID is a one to many relationship. In Forms, the related Office field stores the OfficeID, but I want the OfficeName to display. If I choose to display data from the Offices Value List as a Popup Menu, it displays the OfficeName correctly. If, however, I display as a Dropdown List, it displays the OfficeID (1st field) instead of the OfficeName. (It wouldn't be so bad if I didn't hate the popup menu -- it gets in the way when I'm tabbing through a record.)

It's using the same Value list. Why the difference in display??? Is there something I am missing?

No that is expected behavior and one that annoys me like crazy. I asked a FMI Engineer last year directly at DevCon and they said that they knew about it but there was a lot more complicated reason for it not working the same way as a popup as it did for a drop down... I dont know if I fully believe them, if he didnt fully understand the issue, or if its really that complicated.

This topic is 5787 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.