Troi File: opening network folders in mixed environment

This topic is 5790 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I'm using the "TrFile_SelectFolderDialog" function to select a folder (from a network drive) and store the path in a field.

Then I use "TrFile_Launch" to open the folder.

This database runs on both Mac and PCs.

If I select a network folder (file server) from a MAC and then use the "TrFile_Launch" from a MAC then it works fine.

If I select network folder (file server) from a PC and then use the "TrFile_Launch" from a PC then it also works fine.

The problem happens when "TrFile_SelectFolderDialog" is triggered from a MAC and then I use "TrFile_Launch" to open the same network folder from a PC (and vice versa), it just doesn't open.

"TrFile_SelectFolderDialog" stores the network folder path on the PC database as:

NetworkDrivefolder1folder2

"TrFile_SelectFolderDialog" stores the folder path on the MAC database as:

folder1:folder2:

I had thought of using the "substitute(...)" function in order to translate the path from one platform to the other, but the problem is that apparently the "TrFile_SelectFolderDialog" doesn't store the volume name, that is, the stored path starts with the first folder and it omits the network volume name. Therefore, if the folder is selected from a Mac, I cannot "translate" that path to a PC path since the volume name is missing.

Any ideas about how to make this work? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

This topic is 5790 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.