Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Portal with multiple DBs

sImnRts

This topic is 7476 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Using FMP 5.0, I'm trying to create an Invoice DB thta includes info from a couple of different DBs. Using the model from the user's guide, I tried to build a portal that would display records from a line item DB that contains related fields from an inventory DB. Problem #! I can't place the related fields from the inventory DB into the portal. (It says I can do that in the user's guide)Problem #2 How can I make calculations on items in the portal?Problem#3 Is there a way to place info from different DB's together in calculable fields? thanks for any help.

• 2 years later...

It is difficult to analyze with sketchy information, but since this is normally a trivial operation, I have to ask the obvious:

1. Did you build a relationships between the Invoice file and the Inventory file based on ItemNumber?

2. Did you build a relationship between the Invoice file and the LineItem file, based on InvoiceNumber?

3. Did you create two separate portals, each using a different one of those Relationships?

4. Did you only try to put fields from the Inventory file (not the current file) into the portal that pointed to the Inventory relationship?

5. Did you only try to put fields from the LineItem file (not the current file) into the portal that pointed to the LineITem relationship?

This topic is 7476 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.