Server Maintenance This Week. ×

FM Mail Plugins (Mondo Mail, SMTPit)

aislinn

This topic is 5715 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi there!

Anyone have any experience with FM Mail plugins such as the ones indicated above?

I am looking for a mail plugin that will preferably interact with Exchange Server and would like any information I can find on ease of use, functionality, etc.

Are you goind to be using it to send only or also to receive via IMAP or POP3 ?

I have used both SMTPit and 360 Works mail. SMTPit has been around for a while and is pretty straight forward. My only issues with them has been that they have not added any new features lately, while their competitors have added functionality. If you want to bring in emails, you will have to get Pop3it as well seperately.

360 Works Email allows for SMTPit, Pop3, and IMAP. Sam, Jesse, and the rest of them are always helpful. The only issue that we have had with their plugin has been the way it handles multiple emails sent it a group (bulk mail). Everything works fine, its just seems as though it breaks them up into individual sends rather than 1 massive send as I believe SMTPit does. (I may be wrong)

• 2 months later...

Hi, I'm one of the authors of the 360works email plugin, and it does support multiple recipients for a single message, as TO, CC, or BCC recipient types. Our examples mostly deal with sending a single message multiple times, as this seems like a more common approach to mass mailing (some spam filters are suspicious of large CC lists).

Sending a single message to multiple recipients actually a lot more efficient from a bandwidth standpoint, however.

To send to multiple recipients, just use commas to separate the addresses.

Thanks for pointing this out, I'll make it clearer in our plugin documentation how to send a single message to multiple recipients.

This topic is 5715 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.